Jumat, 01 April 2016

A Post About My Posts

I love Google+. I find its a great social network for sharing photos, videos and for conversation. Their Circles method of sharing and Communities function both let me focus on who I want to share with without spamming my other friends.
Standard Blogger Comments or Google+ Comments?
Hows a guy to decide?
Because Im heavily invested in other Google properties (Gmail, Drive, Blogger, Picassa, etc.), I find the Google+ integration across Google platforms particularly helpful. When Google announced Google+ Comments for Blogger, I was excited.
Google+ Comments lets you bring the following conversations together in one place, right under your blog post:
  • Comments made on your Blogger blog post
  • Comments on the blog post that you’ve shared to Google+
  • Shared content on Google+ that links to your blog post
This seemed great. During the week or so I used Google+ comments, I saw the same lively discussion as Google+ right in the comments of each post. Then tonight I read the full About Google+ Comments page.
Readers will need a Google+ page or profile to comment on your blog. 
This line made me pause. While I think Google+ is fantastic, I know not everyone agrees.
So here is my question: Should I use standard comments or Google+ comments? Is universal  availability to comment more important than great conversation in the comments? Would I be discouraging comments by requiring a Google+ profile of the commentators?
As you are the commentors, Im hoping youll weigh in. Please answer the following survey. Ill review it and then decide if I should turn Google+ Comments back on. If youd like to comment, please do.

Related Posts by Categories

0 komentar: